July 25, 2018
Dear Students and Parents/Guardians,
Welcome back to another great school year at Woodland Junior High. We are finishing up our summer break and getting prepared for the students to arrive. This letter is to inform you of some important information to get you prepared to come back to school on our first day, Monday, August 13th.
Tuesday, August 7th from 3:00-6:00 pm is schedule pick-up. You may come at any time during this time period. If you are unable to attend during these times you may stop by the school office on August 8th or 9th between 8:30-2:30 to pick up your schedule or you may print your schedule off of the Parent Viewer (HAC) beginning on August 8th.
- Schedule Pick-up will give parents and students the opportunity to:
- Pick-up your student’s schedule
- Find out information on bus transportation
- Review/Revise your personal information
- Put money in lunch account
- Tour the school
- Find your locker
- Join the PTA and Booster Club
- Buy a Yearbook
- Talk with the School Nurse
- Information on assistance with supplies
Other Needed Information:
- Car Drop off and pick-up
- There are two places to drop students off in the morning and pick-up in the afternoon.
- One is in front of the school on Poplar Ave. Cars enter on the west side of the entrance and exit on the east side. There are two lines one for eastbound traffic and one for westbound traffic.
- Parents may also drop off students in the upper gym parking lot on Woodland Ave. These students can drop off their athletic gear in the gym, but should then go to the back of the school. Please do not drop-off students in the lower parking lot of the gym. This area is for teacher parking only and in-and-out traffic interferes with bus drop off and traffic flow.
- Please do not leave your car, if you are in the pick-up lines.
- Please do not park you car on the east side of the street on Woodland Ave.
- Please do not pick up your students in the Yoga Center parking lot just east of campus. This is a private parking lot and is reserved for business parking only.
- Please be on the lookout for pedestrians in the drop off areas and follow all traffic signs, so that we may keep our students safe.
- Also please allow yourself 5-10 minutes of extra time to wait in traffic in these areas and be patient as other drivers wait on their students.
- Bus Drop Off and Pick-up is on the west side of the building. Please do not enter this driveway.
- Start of School Day: Students may be dropped off as early as 7:30 AM. Upon arrival, students are to go to the courtyard in the back of the building until entering for breakfast at 8:00 AM or to go to lockers at 8:15 AM. If inclement weather exists, students are allowed to enter at 7:30 AM and wait in the cafeteria until the 8:15 bell. Inclement weather includes rain, sleet, snow, or temperature below 40 degrees.
- School Supply List Link:
- Woodland Student Handbook and District Dress Code: This will give you information on Woodland’s policies and procedures, including the revised district dress code.
- Tardy Policy: Students arriving after 8:25 AM must go to the main office to get an admittance slip. Students arriving to school late without proper documentation will receive lunch detention for that day. All students are expected to be in class by 8:25 AM each day.
- First day of school is Monday, August 13th. Students may enter the building for breakfast at 8:00 AM. All other students may enter the building at 8:15 AM. The tardy bell will ring at 8:25 AM. Money may be placed on students’ lunch accounts daily between 8:00 and 8:20. Hopefully, you will have already placed money on your child’s account prior to the first day.
- Schedule Changes: Changes will only be made in the case of school error.
- Open House: Thursday, August 23rd from 5:30-7:30. This is an opportunity to meet your student’s teachers and follow their schedule in 7 minute periods.
We’re looking forward to a great year!